2023 NATIONAL SPEAKERS
Door Knocking for Real Estate
Thursday, February 23rd 2023 @ 10:10am
With more than 32-years of face-to-face dealmaking experience, Bill is one of the most imaginative advanced creative deal structurers in the country. Whether you need to know how to creatively construct, or creatively fund, or creatively hold, or creatively sell a property, Bill is the person many experienced real estate investors call for advice.
When it comes to advanced creative deal structuring, Bill’s focus is on structure stacking—using multiple creative deal structuring tools to make a single real estate investing transaction succeed. In addition, Bill is one of a handful of real estate investors who has the know-how, skill, and experience to work with pure options.
Bill and Kim built their business square on the back of knocking on homeowners’ doors. Why? Because it’s the fastest, cheapest and most effective way to get face-to-face with homeowners and make written offers. For over 50 years, since 1972, Bill has made his living knocking on homeowners’ doors and being invited in.
Asset Protection for Real Estate Investors
Thursday, February 23rd 2023 @ 1:10pm
Bill is a lawyer and CPA currently working at Noll & Company CPAs and he operates a separate law practice focused on tax compliance and tax-related litigation.
Bill has a breadth of experience, which gives him the ability to understand many different facets of business disputes and tax controversies. Bill’s practice focuses on tax consulting, tax compliance and complex tax litigation. Bill has a wealth of experience before the IRS at both the examination and the appeal level. He is also admitted to practice in the United States Tax Court.
Bill Noll will teach you how to easily protect your real estate assets without adverse tax consequences or risk of IRS audits…and without costing a fortune! Learn money-saving strategies and how to set up a powerfully-structured LLC to shield your real estate investing business from lawsuits.
Bill Noll will teach you how to:
• Set up the best legal entity for owners of real estate
• Save on taxes by avoiding the costly status of being a dealer or developer
• Take advantage of the magic power of depreciation
• Take deductions when you improve a property and avoid capitalization requirements
• Sell properties tax-free and keep all the profits
• Protect your assets for lawsuits
• Be your own bank and create a public record of your debt
• And more!
Winning with the Negotiation Stack™
Thursday, February 23rd 2023 @ 3:30pm
Tom Zeeb has been an active real estate investor since 2001. He is also a published author and president of the Traction Real Estate Investors Association. Tom teaches across the country to help investors master negotiations.
It’s a super competitive real estate market. You want the best of the best deals. And those who can connect the best with the sellers will get the deals.
Tom Zeeb will help you brush up on your negotiation skills and show you how to connect with those sellers. In his presentation you’ll learn:
• 8 negotiation techniques you can use now
• How (and why) to put negotiation techniques into your own "voice"
• The "flow" of a typical negotiation
• The three categories needed to get the price and terms you want
• Using a straightforward approach to correctly build your business
• How to negotiate deals like a pro (even if the thought of negotiating scares you)
• How to use negotiation for ANY exit strategy (rehabbing, BRRR, wholesale, commercial, etc.)
• And much more...
Incorporating Mid-Term Rentals into Your Short-Term Rental Strategy
Thursday, February 23rd 2023 @ 7:00pm
As the traveling workforce grows and Airbnb competition tightens, you can create a lucrative “shelter from the storm” by serving travelers looking for month-long stays. Al Williamson will reveal the wide range of workers in need of extended stays and show you some marketing strategies to attract them.
Al will teach you:
• How to set up extended stay rentals that create 3x profits in "non-touristy" areas
• A secret way of running an Airbnb without breaking any laws
• How to compete against local extended stay hotels so you can reach your financial goals
• A twist on Airbnb that helps you earn twice as much as what 90% of other investors are doing
• A simple 6-step process for making a boatload of cash off rentals whether you own them or not
Also catch Al Williamson on the Successful Strategies in Short-Term Rentals breakout session panel at 8:00am on Thursday in River Overlook C - D.
Make More, Work Less and Create a Life and Business You Love
Friday, February 24th 2023 @ 9:50am
Jason Wojo, CEO of Lifeonaire, has coached, consulted for, and worked alongside some of the country’s most successful and smartest small business owners and investors and his passion is helping people create amazing lives and profitable businesses they love.
Jason is going to share with you a proven, step-by-step formula to create a business you love that makes a full-time income with only part-time effort.
• Secrets to running a scalable business that doesn't require you to wear all the hats so you can finally get your life (and sanity!) back
• The single deadly mistake people make in setting up their business that virtually guarantees they'll never have the freedom–or profits–they desire
• A proprietary process that will allow you to go from owner operator to TRUE business owner so that you can put your business on autopilot and it can make money without you
The Secrets of Raising Private Money
Friday, February 24th, 2023 @ 1:10pm
John Burley has over 35 years of investing experience and has personally completed more than 2,000 real estate deals.
John will share his secrets of how he uses other people’s money to do his deals, and how you too, can become an expert in raising private money. He’ll reveal and the seven simple steps anyone can follow to get money in your pocket now. You’ll learn how to get paid up front, during, and at the end of the deal, and you’ll also learn techniques to help you take control of your financial future using real estate!
Also catch John Burley on the Where’s the Money: Creative Financing Options in a High Interest Environment breakout session panel at 8:00am on Friday in River Overlook C - D.
Senior Housing: Residential Assisted Living
Friday, February 24th, 2023 @ 3:20pm
Isabelle Guarino, the #1 educator on assisted living, will share with you what you need to know about this incredibly lucrative niche in the real estate business. Isabelle’s family has been in the RAL business for years, they’ve owned 3 RAL care homes. Her late father, Gene Guarino was known as the “Godfather of Assisted Living” and RALAcademy is responsible for students across the country that are cash-flowing through RAL, doing good and doing well.
You will learn how to:
• Generate mega-cash flow from a single-family home
• Get twice the market rent with long-term, low-impact tenants
• Get a secure ROI regardless of market cycles and fluctuations
BREAKOUT SESSION SPEAKERS
Paul Isely • 2023 Real Estate Economic Forecast • Thursday, February 23rd, 2023 @ 9:10am
How will the new year affect your real estate investing strategy? Every year, new trends show up in the real estate investing market. Make sure you're prepared to get ahead this year! GVSU economics professor Paul Isely will present the 2023 real estate economic packed with incredibly relevant, valuable information to help your real estate investing business succeed and you will not want to miss it!
Kristin Turkelson • Grand Rapids in the Next Decade • Thursday, February 23rd, 2023 @ 8:00am
City of Grand Rapids Planning Director Kristin Turkelson will provide insight into what's in store for the city in the coming decade.
Kate Stoermer • Panel Discussion: Successful Strategies in Short-Term Rentals • Thursday, February 23rd, 2023 @ 8:00am
Our panel of short-term rental investing experts share their most successful strategies for maximizing profits.